Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
The Nordic region has become central to Trimble's global commitment to building, civil engineering and construction BIM software. After Trimble acquired Vianova Systems (now Trimble), Sandvika has become one of the excellence centres for development of software for transportation infrastructure.
Success in this position involves working effectively with the application domain experts, working within the established process framework, and demonstrating a set of strong software engineering skills that result in predictability in engineering, scheduling and the quality of products developed.
- Perform software engineering tasks within the process framework established for the ongoing development of applications and products. Contributes to the continuous improvement of these processes.
- Collaborate with the product team, application domain experts (e.g., application engineers, technical marketing) and frequently with customers, to establish achievable requirements.
- Collaborate with the product team to identify/clarify project goals, establish useful milestones, and develop a breakdown of the engineering tasks to be performed.
- Create software designs, and implements and tests those designs to meet established requirements.
- Participate in technical/design reviews as required by the application framework.
- Generate design documents, source code, and other work products necessary for the ongoing success of the product(s).
- Works independently or with quality assurance personnel to plan and execute product testing.
- Understand and provide solutions for cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility issues.
- Have a pulse on industry trends in web design, mobile, user experience and share insights with team.
- Be passionate about UI experience and able to articulate it well.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 4+ years of design & development experience in creating responsive web applications for desktops.
- Additional experience building mobile applications is required.
- Excellent knowledge of the following Java, Client/server application development, SQL also required
- Extensive AngularJS experience is preferred with exposure to other common JS libraries.
- Strong Software development fundamentals like OOPs, MVC, Algorithms & Design Patterns are must.
- Knowledge of AJAX concepts, NodeJS, communication protocols & data services like REST, SOAP are required.
- Integration with third party mapping libraries like Leaflet, openlayers or Google Maps would be a big plus.
- Knowledge of 3D Technologies such as WebGL, Three.js and Unity would be an advantage.
- Experience in the tools required in a development lifecycle: build (Gulp, Grunt), unit testing (Jasmine, Qunit) & code quality (JSHint, Sonar), version control (Git), task and defect management (Jira), Agile development approaches.
- Very good communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team are required.
- Experience of working in a commercial environment with focus on delivering customer value in relatively short delivery cycles.
- Interest and experience in LINUX.
- Knowledge of C++, C# and .NET would also be an advantage.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other relevant technical field required, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Masters degree in computer science or in relevant engineering discipline with significant computer science or CAE content highly preferred, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble Inc. and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.
Trimble Employment Data Privacy Statement
This website allows you to apply for career opportunities at Trimble and its affiliated companies. This statement is to notify you of the practices that will govern the processing of personal information you provide on the employment section of this website and to obtain your consent for the use of this personal information consistent with this notice.