Trimble is hiring a Senior Accountant in Sandvika, Norway
The Civil Engineering & Construction (CEC) Software business is a key division within Trimble and a pioneer in the development of software leveraging advanced BIM technology for the civil engineering market and infrastructure lifecycle management across road, rail, sea and air infrastructure design. We offer a portfolio of solutions for civil engineers, civil contractors and project owners, including specialist tools for road, rail, utility, site, bridge and tunnel civil design, advanced geotechnical analysis and sophisticated model-based multiuser collaboration tools.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior GL Accountant for our Sandvika, Norway office to help us manage our legal entities in Norway, Sweden and Denmark, as well as support the CEC Software business across the globe. This is an individual contributor role responsible for the day-to-day accounting activities of the organization. The position will report directly into the CEC Director of Accounting in Westminster, Colorado in the US. This role will primarily include creating journal entries, performing month-end close and internal reporting activities, building and maintaining account reconciliations, preparing legal entity statutory reporting, and assisting with various tasks in the procure-to-pay cycle.
Essential Duties Include:
In this role, you will be utilizing your technical accounting expertise to provide the following support:
- Prepare and post journal entries for both our three Scandinavian legal entities as well as the overall Trimble CEC software business
- Month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing of the local Trimble Solutions businesses in Norway, Sweden and Denmark, as well as participation in the overall CEC close process
- Consolidation, intercompany transactions and reconciliations including foreign currency accounting
- Support the revenue disclosure reporting related to the new US Revenue Accounting Standard, ASC606, including updating historical information and improving the reporting process
- Ownership of internal period end reporting, statutory & local entity reporting, tax, payroll and other business activity reporting
- Monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for the 3 local legal entities as well as deferred revenue reconciliations for the CEC software business in the US
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies and maintain and perform internal controls and policies/procedures in a SOX environment
- Assist in data gathering for purposes of audits and other special projects
- Become the liaison and business partner for personnel in our regional Shared Services Center in Eersel, Netherlands, regarding Accounts Payables questions and issues concerning vendor invoices, vendor payments and vendor master data
- Interface with management in various departments, including engineering, sales operations, IT and legal.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance related field. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Norwegian equivalent preferred
- Public company experience preferred
- At least four years general ledger accounting experience
- Software revenue recognition a plus
- Strong technical accounting background
- Expert in Excel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detailed oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Norwegian and English, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout Company organization
- Maconomy and Oracle R12 financial application experience preferred
Trimble Inc. and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.
Trimble Employment Data Privacy Statement
This website allows you to apply for career opportunities at Trimble and its affiliated companies. This statement is to notify you of the practices that will govern the processing of personal information you provide on the employment section of this website and to obtain your consent for the use of this personal information consistent with this notice.